Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stairs and Eureka Island Away

A friend from the Great Lakes Rendezvous who lives near Parry Sound divulged his favorite anchorage to us. This anchorage was first on our list. The depths are not on the chart, but he assured us, depth was no issue. Another great resource is the Great Lakes Cruising Club. We pulled up their info and they showed plenty of water as well.

Jim is comparing the information from the Great Lakes Cruising Club to the chart.


The chart showed a wreck. Yeah, I guess!

No this is not a postcard! This is Hole in the Wall at Eureka Island!

The look on Jim's face is priceless. Maybe someday he will take a picture of me with his camera, but that would mean he would have to bring his camera with us on our adventures.

We were looking for the Ojibway Club. Could not find it, until we found it! Hotel was built in 1906 and closed in 1962. The cottagers bought the property and run it as a non-profit.

I have more pictures, I just can't find them right now. I am on a roll, so maybe I'll post more later...if I find the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment