Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Chapter 2 begins....

We were surprised and pleased to spend three days in St. Joseph!





The Tri-State Race was scheduled to begin the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. Chicago to St. Joseph. Second leg - Sunday to Michigan City. Third leg back to Chicago on Monday. Memories for me! 26 years ago (how could I forget as I was pregnant with Adrienne), I raced my one and only Tri-State Race. This year the first leg was cancelled due to extreme wind conditions and the subsequent huge surge into the westerly facing St. Joe harbor. Not even safe for sail boat racers!





Needless to say, we could not venture out on Lake Michigan and were "stuck" for three days, but what a pleasure! We were fortunate to spend time with Jim's brother, Randy and sister-in-law, Debbie and their two grandchildren. To top it off, my sister Marcia and her husband Andy decided to become our first overnight guests on our adventure.



Great town. Lots to keep us busy. The West Basin, Municipal Marina lent us their bicycle cruisers. Good thing we just got back from the bike trip in Virginia, as we climbed to the top of the bridge over the river in 30 knot winds!

2 comments: